[OKC JUG] August 2016 Meeting

Brent Wilkins brent.w.wilkins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:31:44 PDT 2016

When: August 9, 2016, 11:30 - 13:00
Where: ProtoTekOKC - 401 NW 10th St.
Speaker: Justin Strittmatter, Senior Software Engineer, MBO Partners
Topic:  How’d we get here? - Event sourcing / CQRS pattern

We’ve all come across many buzz words, new hyped techniques, and “The next
big thing” in our reading.  For the last few years I’ve been seeing a lot
about CQRS, Domain Driven Development, and Event Sourcing and thought it
was time to find out what all the hype was about.  In this talk we will
discuss the Pattern of event sourcing and CQRS and what some of the
advantages/disadvantages are when implementing this pattern.  We will also
do a high level code walk through using Java with the Axon Framework to
implement this pattern in a microservice.

Food and drink will be provided thanks to Techlahoma. Thanks to ProtoTekOKC
for the use of their facility.

See you there.