[OKC JUG] Meetup with the OKC JUG in January

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Tue Dec 20 07:25:24 PST 2016

Next month (January 10th, to be exact), we will have Google Developer
Advocate Ray Tsang (https://twitter.com/saturnism) in town to talk about
gRPC*. I saw a brief demo at JavaOne and it was awesome. This is a great
opportunity for the Oklahoma City tech community, so we want to get the
word out early, and, while the invitation is always implicit, we're
trying to make sure other tech groups are aware that they, too, are invited.

Another exciting change for the new year is that we now have, thanks to
Techlahoma, our own Meetup group: https://www.meetup.com/okcjug/. We'll
be using this group for meeting announcements, reservations, etc. We'll
be basing our food order off of the registration numbers, so it's really
important that you all create an account and RSVP for each meeting.
There are no plans to deny food to those who didn't RSVP, of course, but
getting accurate numbers ahead of time will help make sure we order the
right amount of food.

I think that's it for this year. Mark your calendar for January 10th. Go
create a Meetup account. Watch for the meeting notice from Meetup and
RSVP if you're coming. And have a very merry Christmas and <sing
pitch="offKey>and a happy new year!</sing>.

* The topic hasn't been nailed down yet. It should be either gRPC or
Kubernetes. We're still discussing. :)

--
Jason Lee
http://cubtracker.com