[OKC JUG] Akka Actors Tomorrow

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Mon Jul 10 12:59:42 PDT 2017

Don't forget that we meet tomorrow:
https://www.meetup.com/okcjug/events/241104211/

    Have you been frustrated trying to write a multithreaded program and
    sticking synchronized on all of your methods? Can’t tell your
    monitors from your semaphores? There has to be a better way! In this
    talk, we’ll discuss actor-based concurrency and how it can simplify
    multithreaded programming. We will distill down Akka Actors, a JVM
    implementation of the concurrency model that made Erlang famous.
    Hope to see you there.

    Speaker: Dylan Forciea

    Bio: Dylan Forciea is a software engineer at Oseberg, Inc. in
    Oklahoma City. He has worked on lots of object-oriented software
    using Java and C++,  and now uses Scala to write software for the
    oil and gas industry. Prior to joining Oseberg, he has worked on
    systems ranging from image processing to satellite tasking and
    control to high rate data acquisition applications at companies such
    as Raytheon and Sandia National Laboratories.

Should be a good one!

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee