[OKC JUG] [OKCJUG] 05/09/2017 Meeting: WebSockets with Brian Sheldon

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Thu May 4 22:04:07 PDT 2017

Details have actually been posted:
https://www.meetup.com/okcjug/events/239703457/

    I've wanted to make an app in the cloud (aka someone else's server)
    that uses several technologies. This is an indolent walk through of
    what I've come up with so far.

    The list of technology we'll be using is

    • javax.websocket

    • json

    • javascript

    • mapbox-gl.js (vector tile map)

    • sqlite-jdbc

    • Rest

    If there is time, we'll deploy it to gcloud (App Engine).We may also
    use mapbox.com <http://mapbox.com/>or node.js to serve the map tiles
    instead of sqlite-jdbc if I don't have time.

    The  plan is to display a map of the world, click on the map to
    create a marker which then gets broadcast to anyone else on the web
    page. Clicking on a marker deletes it from everyone's map.

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee

---