[OKC JUG] Presentation Proposals

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Fri Mar 30 14:51:22 PDT 2018

Yes, it's me again. As I hope you just noticed, we have April scheduled,
and we have a presenter that is new to us, Brent, and that's awesome. As
I state at the end of every meeting, we would LOVE to have one of you
present. It's a great vehicle for professional growth and, I think, a
lot of fun.

That said, I'm going to work up a presentation or two for some time this
year, and I thought I'd phone a friend for help answering the question,
What should Jason talk about? Here are some ideas I have from things
I've been working on/with, and things that I just find interesting:

  * Writing DSLs in Kotlin
  * SpringCloud
  * What's New in Java 10
  * Writing Cross-Platform Mobile Apps in Java
      o This could go a few different ways: using CodenameOne, using
        Gluon, or comparing/contrasting both
  * TornadoFX and JavaFX
  * Payara 5, Java EE, Microservices, and You!

I'm also open to suggestion. If you have a preference, feel free to let
me know, on or off the list. If I don't get any feedback, I'll pick the
one(s) that is exciting me the most at the moment and run with that, so
hit that reply button and make your voice heard! :)

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee