[OKC JUG] December Meeting and Officer Elections

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Mon Nov 26 12:36:40 PST 2018

Greetings! It's been a long time. :)

Those of you paying close attention may have noticed that November came
and went without a meeting. We had some issues with speaker schedules,
time constraints, etc., and had to cancel the meeting. I really hate
doing that, but sometimes it can't be helped. That said, we're trying to
finalize plans for December, so if any of you have something you've been
dying to talk about if only you had a chance, well, here's your chance.
:) Shoot me a line if you're interested and we'll see what we can get
worked out.

On another note, I've been the JUG president for some time now. I don't
recall exactly how long, but it seems like it's been at least 3 or 4
years this time around. You might also recall that in November of 2016,
Oracle acquired NetSuite, making me, once again, an Oracle employee.
Oracle has a longstanding policy that its employees should not be JUG
leaders so as to avoid any sense of corporate control, which is why I
had to step down last time. ;) Clearly, 2018 > 2016, which means I've
been violating that for a couple of years, but now is the time to
rectify that. At the end of the year, then, I will be needing to step
down as the president, which presents one of you happy few a great
chance to step in to the role, helping both the local Java community, as
well as giving a boost to your own career. It's a win/win! 8-)

If you should be interested in the role, please let me know. If we have
more than one interested, we can either hold a vote or have the
interested parties work something out.

I think that's it for now. Please stay tuned for (hopefully)
not-too-distant updates on both these topics. :)

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee