[Steering Committee] Next month/June Presentation

Brett L. Schuchert schuchert at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 20:49:47 PDT 2015

I’d like to volunteer for next month. I’ll be in town that week so I’d like to grab the slot if I may.

Here’s an idea (Ryan and I discussed it):
The what, why, and how of: VirtualBox, Vagrant, Ansible (or chef, puppet). No working title yet, but discuss this triad of technologies, examples of where I’ve used it on projects, and then present a demonstration along with source code for a basic VM using an existing base box

Then… Talk about the shortcomings. They essence of what we are trying to accomplish and then discuss alternatives.

This really isn’t directly a Java-realed subject but I have done Java development as well as JavaScript (with Node and Angular) using this. It’s related to devops and team coherence.

I have not prepared anything (other than actual experience) so if this doesn’t sound like a good topic, I’m happy to consider something else.

Brett L. Schuchert
mobile: +1 405.808.0347
http://schuchert.wikispaces.com/MyCv <http://schuchert.wikispaces.com/MyCv>