[Steering Committee] April Speaker

Matt Hicks matt at outr.com
Mon Apr 4 07:53:56 PDT 2016

“Beyond the Basics” would be my preference as well. We might be able to convince
Jason to assist me being the devil's advocate (Java and Kotlin's advocate that
is).
Unless we absolutely just fly through the material though I guarantee we won't
make it through more than the first couple of slides. I've given this
presentation a couple of times, but over several hours across multiple days. So
we can just hit the high notes or dig deep into the first few topics.
As far as Play goes, I'm not a fan. It's horrible in Java and mediocre in Scala.
I'd highly recommend Akka HTTP + Scala.js over Play.
---
Matt Hicks

Chief Technology Officer
T: 405.283.6887  |  outr.com