[Steering Committee] Fwd: August Meeting details

Ryan Hoegg ryan.hoegg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:46:06 PDT 2016

Here's the detail from Justin!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Strittmatter <jstrittmatter at mbopartners.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Steering Committee] August Meeting details
To: Ryan Hoegg <ryan.hoegg at gmail.com>

Bio: Justin Strittmatter, Senior Software Engineer, MBO Partners

Title:  How’d we get here? - Event sourcing / CQRS pattern

Abstract:  We’ve all come across many buzz words, new hyped techniques, and
“The next big thing” in our reading.  For the last few years I’ve been
seeing a lot about CQRS, Domain Driven Development, and Event Sourcing and
thought it was time to find out what all the hype was about.  In this talk
we will discuss the Pattern of event sourcing and CQRS and what some of the
advantages/disadvantages are when implementing this pattern.  We will also
do a high level code walk through using Java with the Axon Framework to
implement this pattern in a microservice.

Let me know if you need anything else, or if you need more detail on any of
this.  I’m still working on my presentation, but should be able to finish
it up this weekend along with the demo app.

Thanks

___________________________________

*Justin Strittmatter*

*Sr. Java Developer*

MBO Partners

*t:* 703.793.6315

*f:* 703.793.6070

*e:* *jstrittmatter at mbopartners.com <jstrittmatter at mbopartners.com>*

*w:* www.mbopartners.com

*s:* Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/mbopartners> | Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/mbo-partners> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/mbopartners>

Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. They
are intended solely for the use of the individual addressed.  If you have
received this email in error please notify postmaster at mbopartners.com and
permanently delete the e-mail and files.