[Steering Committee] April JUG

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Thu Mar 29 13:24:59 PDT 2018

We seem to have had a speaker fall in our laps, and so April is covered.
Whew! I love it when that happens.

Before I move on, though, I must note that I will be NOT be able to
attend the April meeting, so I'll need someone to cover for me. Brent?
Ryan? Chad?

Now, looking forward, we have a lot of slots to fill. I think I shared
this earlier, but my AWS contact fell through for some pretty annoying
reasons (chief of which, as best as I can tell, is the expected audience
wasn't going to be big enough). That leaves us with 8 months to fill. :)
I'm willing to commit to May. Here are some topics I've been kicking
around. I'll probably send this list to the main JUG list to see if
there's any feedback to be had there:

  * Writing DSLs in Kotlin
  * SpringCloud
  * What's New in Java 10
  * Writing Cross-Platform Mobile Apps in Java
      o This could go a few different ways: using CodenameOne, using
        Gluon, or comparing/contrasting both

I've updated Brent's session list, which I've gotten up to date. Chad
has converted it to a Google Doc, but we don't have write privs, so this
will work for now. Take a look at it and feel free to pester someone. Or
pick a topic and give us an update. Or pick a new topic. We need to
really beat the bushes to fill these open months. I hate cancelling, and
while I do at least 1 or 2 presentations this year, I can't do 8. :)

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee