[Steering Committee] Fwd: Visit to JUG Oklahoma ?

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Thu Sep 5 16:00:53 PDT 2019

I've scheduled the meetup, but haven't published it yet. We need to pick
a topic/speaker. I scheduled it for the lunch hour, as usual (though on
a different day, of course), so we have time for one.  For my vote, I'm
leaning toward "Jakarta EE Meets NoSQL at the Cloud Age".

Speaker: 	Bruno Souza
Bio: 	https://java.mn/about/
Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ry600qzn7wna2i/AADQ_zeCUuIGR9Lx8atnLFUKa?dl=0

Talks 	Title: 	Stop Feeling Stuck! Design Your Developer Career and
Overcome the Plateau

	Abstract: 	So many cool new technologies at events and blogs! But back
to real life, you feel you are not learning enough. You don’t expect to
use this cool stuff anytime soon. You feel stuck or bored, even
stagnated. You’ve hit a career plateau. This may not be as bad as it
sounds, though: boredom is a symptom of growth, not of failure. But
either you solve it or it will crush you! You can use your experience to
design your career and push it to the next level. In this interactive
session, you’ll get a chance to discuss your real-life situation so you
can create opportunities, improve your projects, and achieve career
freedom.

	Title: 	Be the Leader of Your Developer Career

	Abstract: 	Leadership is not about knowing the way; it’s about taking
responsibility to find the path. Whether you are formally tasked with
leading a team or just want people to trust your judgment, being a true
leader will push your career forward and get you onto a path to success.
This session will answer your questions and help you become a leader.
Learn how to start now, no matter your official position in the company;
what the correct leadership skills are; and how to acquire them. Stop
feeling adrift. Start leading and forging your own path.

	Title: 	Be a better Java developer, learn faster and get more results:
it's all about the skills!

	Abstract: 	Struggling to keep up with technology, or feeling
overwhelmed with so many things to learn? Do you feel you are a
competent developer, but you don't see the results in your career? Maybe
you feel like you don't belong or that you are not good enough?
Those are common symptoms, you are not alone! This talk will show you
what's behind those feelings, why you can't keep up, and how to solve
that. Come learn what the last 10 years of brain science has shown about
our career and what the best developers do differently. Discover the
exact skills you need to have to grow, and how to apply them in your
project today. Become a better Java developer, create unlimited growth
and forge your own path to success.

Speaker: 	Otávio Santana

Bio/Photos: 	https://about.me/otaviojava

Talks 	Title: 	Build, run, and scale your Java applications end to end

	Abstract: 	This presentation will talk about a solution to the
continuous deployment cloud hosting solution that can scale applications
from the smallest projects to those handling millions of visitors. It is
ideal for agile software teams because of its unique feature: it can
replicate a live production cluster in seconds and create byte-level
clones of throwaway dev and staging environments, which makes testing
and validation 90% faster.

	Title: 	Jakarta EE Meets NoSQL at the Cloud Age

	Abstract: 	Let’s be honest: the amount of data collected by
applications nowadays is growing at a scary pace. Many of them need to
handle billions of users generating and consuming data at an incredible
speed. Maybe you are wondering how to create an application like this?
What is needed? What benefits can you take from this reality to your
project? This session shows how Jakarta EE can meet these needs when
you’re working with NoSQL databases in the cloud. It’s the same approach
used by some of the biggest companies in the world to store, analyze,
and get results from really crazy amounts of data. No matter your
project size, you can take it to the next level today.

	Title: 	Modern Data Streaming and Processing with Apache Kafka and NoSQL

	Abstract: 	Modern microservice-based architecture needs to exchange
data in a fast and reliable way. The use of distributed streaming
platforms such as Apache Kafka makes the job easier, but it’s often not
enough. Applications also use NoSQL databases to store information that
comes from multiple sources, so it makes perfect sense to use Kafka and
NoSQL to create a distributed streaming and processing pipeline between
applications. This hands-on lab explores such an architecture, deploying
applications with Oracle Cloud and Jakarta EE technologies - Oracle
NoSQL, Kafka, and JNoSQL - that are used to connect to the database and
receive Kafka messages as CDI events.

	Title: 	Jakarta NoSQL: Meet the first Jakarta EE specification in the
Cloud

	Abstract: 	Jakarta NoSQL is the first specification of the new era of
Java EE now in the Eclipse Foundation home as Jakarta EE. The goal of
this specification is to ease integration to Java applications with a
standard API that supports more than 30 NoSQL vendors and rising. This
presentation will show Jakarta NoSQL with MongoDB and introduce an easy
way to move your application to the cloud age.

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee