[Steering Committee] Fwd: Re: Visit to JUG Oklahoma ?

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Mon Sep 9 07:35:38 PDT 2019

It turns out they're *both* going to present, so we need to pick a topic
for Bruno, and either lengthen the one Meetup invite or create another.
I think lengthening the exist one would be less confusing. I've included
Bruno's talks below for us to consider. I think the second or third
would be the best options (with #3 being *my* preference if I had to
choose).

Speaker: 	Bruno Souza
Bio: 	https://java.mn/about/
Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ry600qzn7wna2i/AADQ_zeCUuIGR9Lx8atnLFUKa?dl=0

Talks 	Title: 	Stop Feeling Stuck! Design Your Developer Career and
Overcome the Plateau

	Abstract: 	So many cool new technologies at events and blogs! But back
to real life, you feel you are not learning enough. You don’t expect to
use this cool stuff anytime soon. You feel stuck or bored, even
stagnated. You’ve hit a career plateau. This may not be as bad as it
sounds, though: boredom is a symptom of growth, not of failure. But
either you solve it or it will crush you! You can use your experience to
design your career and push it to the next level. In this interactive
session, you’ll get a chance to discuss your real-life situation so you
can create opportunities, improve your projects, and achieve career
freedom.

	Title: 	Be the Leader of Your Developer Career

	Abstract: 	Leadership is not about knowing the way; it’s about taking
responsibility to find the path. Whether you are formally tasked with
leading a team or just want people to trust your judgment, being a true
leader will push your career forward and get you onto a path to success.
This session will answer your questions and help you become a leader.
Learn how to start now, no matter your official position in the company;
what the correct leadership skills are; and how to acquire them. Stop
feeling adrift. Start leading and forging your own path.

	Title: 	Be a better Java developer, learn faster and get more results:
it's all about the skills!

	Abstract: 	Struggling to keep up with technology, or feeling
overwhelmed with so many things to learn? Do you feel you are a
competent developer, but you don't see the results in your career? Maybe
you feel like you don't belong or that you are not good enough?
Those are common symptoms, you are not alone! This talk will show you
what's behind those feelings, why you can't keep up, and how to solve
that. Come learn what the last 10 years of brain science has shown about
our career and what the best developers do differently. Discover the
exact skills you need to have to grow, and how to apply them in your
project today. Become a better Java developer, create unlimited growth
and forge your own path to success.