[Steering Committee] Re-restarting the JUG

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Tue May 3 15:03:30 PDT 2022

Update:

  * I had lunch, and it was good, if a bit lonely.  :)
  * I haven't talked to anyone at Techlahoma yet, but I did look at
    their site and didn't find the info I needed. I'll ping Vance on
    Twitter or see if I can get logged on the Techlahoma Slack.
  * I got the login credentials for Twitter (thanks, Brent and Andres),
    and have gotten logged in. The account is now currently using one of
    my email addresses, but I think I'm going to switch that to some
    sort of "shared" address (likely one that forwards to several
    people?) to help make sure we don't lose access if I get hit by a
    bus. Fortunately, Andres is pretty good at crossing streets, so we
    dodged that one. 8-)
  * I also have access to the OKCJUG GitHub account. I need to look at
    it to make sure we have multiple admins for redundancy.
  * The okcjug.org website appears to be offline. I'm not sure why,
    when, or how long, but I'm working on it. I'm going to try to
    preserve existing content, but I think a static site generator is
    the direction we should go with it. Lighter, faster, more secure,
    and all in git.
  * I have a contact inside Red Hat for user group support. Going to
    touch base with her and see what goodies we might be able to get. :)
  * I haven't emailed the main list yet, but I hope to do that this
    week. No details yet, so just a teaser, but I'd like to get the word
    spreading.

Anything else?

--
Jason Lee