[OKC JUG] Developer openings at MBO

Kenyatta Clark kenyatta_clark at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 08:11:58 PDT 2015

We have a couple of developer openings at MBO Partners.  Let me know if
you are interested.

MBO Partners is the leading platform of technology enabled management
services for independent contractors (ICs) and the enterprise
organizations that engage them. Our Business Operating System makes it
easy for professional consultants and their clients to work together in
a convenient, tax-efficient and legally compliant manner. Our platform
offers significant benefits to ICs, while providing compliance,
transparency and peace of mind to their clients. We are currently adding
two Software Engineers to our development team.

Responsibilities:

  * Provide applications development and enhancement functions;
    including analysis, design, coding, testing, and deployment of Java
    web applications and web services.
  * Work with business analysts and technical architects to formalize
    specifications for custom development.
  * Proactively work to solve issues while including the key functional
    and/or business stakeholders.
  * Provide analysis and prototyping of new custom solutions, or new
    requirements for existing custom solutions.
  * Enforce MBO Partners application development standards.
  * With limited supervision, develop and enhance custom solutions using
    approved technologies and platforms.
  * Document and perform unit, integration, and regression testing in
    support of new implementations and releases.

Skills:
Basic Qualifications

  * 5+ years of object oriented application development experience using
    Java
  * Solid experience with web application development
  * Practical knowledge with web service and API development
  * Expertise in application servers including WebSphere, JBoss and Tomcat
  * Proficiency with the Spring Framework including Spring MVC and
    Spring Data
  * Strong understanding of object oriented concepts, web application
    and web service design, open source tools, and web application
    frameworks
  * Professional experience designing, developing and deploying software
    solutions

Nice to Have:

  * Financial Services Systems experience
  * Security Experience
  * Drools and jBPM knowledge

Other attributes:

  * Attention to detail
  * Focus on quality of both code and user experience
  * Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
  * Excellent oral and written communication skills
  * Strong analytical and problem solving skills
  * Inspire a culture of innovation and teamwork

Education:
A Bachelors' Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or
related fields.