[OKC JUG] June Meeting

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Mon Jun 13 19:27:57 PDT 2016

I hope everyone has seen the meeting notice on G+:
https://plus.google.com/events/ctaq22tqfbq0mbbqphhpose1ch8

It should be a good session. I hope to see everyone there!

Title: What Is Functional Programming and Why Should You Care?

Programming languages. Haskell, Scala, Clojure, F#, Erlang, R, and many
more. But what is Functional Programming and why should you care?  This
talk sets out to demystify FP, debunk common misconceptions, and
highlight ways FP can solve certain problems. Stuck with Java or C#. No
worries! Functional programming doesn't require a purely functional
programming language. It's a different way of building. Let's get
functional!

Bio: Jordan Parmer is a software engineer at Oseberg and leads the Data
Platform team. Jordan has been a professional software developer for
twelve years and specializes in GIS, data technologies, and most
recently functional programming. You can occasionally find him teaching
database classes at Oklahoma Christian University.

--
Jason Lee
http://cubtracker.com