[Steering Committee] Meetup.com/December meeting

Jessica Campbell jcampbell at techlahoma.org
Wed Dec 14 09:03:39 PST 2016

Sorry for the delayed response.

I've got you set up as co-organizer of OKC JUG.

As for twitter, Techlahoma has been storing/sharing credentials as needed
via LastPass. You can keep the password confidential from us, but LastPass
will fill in the credentials when we connect to your twitter account.

Techlahoma will only connect to your twitter account via Buffer, which we
use to schedule social media posts. OKC FP currently uses this setup to
automate their event announcements when they create a new Meetup event (
https://twitter.com/fp_okc), the automation currently only works when they
schedule their meetup with at least 2 weeks notice.

If that set up is too strict for you, Techlahoma does have plans to update
their Buffer to the Awesome plan which has drip permissions. That means we
still connect to OKC JUG's twitter but we also grant you permissions to
create/schedule posts for the OKC JUG social accounts. It's sorta like
owning your own Buffer account except Techlahoma pays for it.

TLDR:
- You can grant Techlahoma access to OKC JUG's twitter via LastPass and
still keep your password confidential.
- Techlahoma will connect to the twitter account through Buffer.
- Techlahoma can schedule tweets based on the meetup event but only if it's
scheduled 2 or more weeks in advance.
- You could wait until Techlahoma upgrades their Buffer acct to the Awesome
plan and then you can schedule OKC JUG's tweets yourself if the automation
restrictions are too much.

Thanks,

Jessica Campbell
Key Volunteer