[Steering Committee] March Meeting

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Fri Feb 23 07:24:24 PST 2018

Awesome. I'm hoping you'll be able to as well. :)

I thought I had an AWS resource on the hook, but he backed out. He got
too busy, and, his boss/my friend tells me, the audience size "wasn't
encouraging". I'm not sure what we can do to bring our numbers up and
would love to hear suggestions. I think, though, that having a steady
stream of high quality, interesting, and practical presentations (data
integrations and migrations is a great example) would certainly help.

I'm working on a side project in which I'm porting a project from my
book from Java to Kotlin (covers JavaFX and Android ;) that might make a
decent presentation (I'm using TornadoFX, which is awesome), though I'm
not sure if it meets the goals I just laid out. :) I'd also like to
spend time with the Fn Project, and probably Spring Cloud.

What I would love to see are presentations extracted from work anyone
here is doing on a day-to-day basis, as those tend to be good, practical
sessions. Also, if you know anybody who likes to present, someone who
spends time on the conference circuit, a developer advocate, etc.,
please send them my way and we'll see if we can work something out.
Brent's presentation plus my potential one or two leaves us with at
least 7 meetings to cover this year, and it's going to take a team
effort to make that happen. :)

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee