[Steering Committee] December Meeting

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Mon Nov 26 12:25:53 PST 2018

First off, a welcome to Andres Barbaro, Vice President at PowerCosts,
inc. He has recently expressed interest in helping with the JUG, so
we've gotten him signed up on the mailing lists. :)

November is almost over, which means we're coming up on the December
meeting (in three weeks if my mental math is correct). Do we have a
speaker who's ready? What I was working on for last month and ran out of
time for was something about Keycloak (an SSO product from Red Hat) and
securing Jakarta EE applications (or microservices). I also have an
intermediate-level discussion of the JDK Collections framework on the
back burner, but neither are ready to go at this point. I can make that
happen, of course, but a ready presentation is a much surer bet. :) Any
leads?

I have not yet sent the email to the JUG list about the need for a new
JUG president, but I'll do that shortly after I'm done with this email.
There has also been no response on this list regarding the issue, which
leads me to think that nobody is interested or willing. That may pose a
problem for the JUG. ;) We do have a December 11 deadline for our
renewal application with Techlahoma, which I'm going to go ahead and
complete, trusting that someone will step up and take the reins. :)

I think that's it for now. We can meet in person over lunch like we used
to do of old, if that would be preferable, but we have a special event
going on this week at the office, so I can't meet at all this week,
should that be desired.

Please beat those bushes for speakers and let me know. Thanks!

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee