[Steering Committee] October Meeting

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Wed Nov 7 19:13:47 PST 2018

On further review, I just don't have the time to work something up. I
have a project in the works, but nothing presentation-ready, and I'm
just not going to have time to get it there like I'd hope I would. I
hate canceling, but I don't see any way around that at this point.
Techlahoma has a speakers wanted board
(https://speakers-wanted.techlahoma.org/), but there's probably not
enough time for that for next week. Maybe we should post for December. :\

On an only slightly related note, as an Oracle employee, I'm not
supposed to be running a JUG. With the new year coming up, now's a great
time to make that change. I'll email the main list and announce that
we'll be needing a new president. If there's only one volunteer, he/she
gets the job. If there's more than one, we can vote.

We might also want to adjust our schedule. Given the difficulty we've
had getting speakers consistently, perhaps we should (as Kimberly
suggested) meet every other month. Attendance has been... decent, I
guess, but getting people motivated and committed to speak has been a
challenge month after month. Perhaps semi-monthly will make that easier
to manage. Who knows.

At any rate, I'll try to make the election announcement tomorrow on the
main list. Feel free to throw you're hat in the ring. :)

--
Jason Lee
http://jasondl.ee