[Steering Committee] Meeting Follow up

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Fri Aug 5 13:18:11 PDT 2022

Good afternoon! It was awesome getting to see some of you again after so
long.

Here are my notes from Wednesday's meeting:

    Suggested Topics
    - jOOQ (Jason Lee)
    - Loom (Proposed by Jason. Unclaimed)
    - Battle snake (Proposed by Ryan)
    - Quarkus (Proposed by ... ??? Unclaimed, but Jason's willing)
    - Karavan plus jbang (Joe Butler)
    - Flyway (Jason)
    - Java records (Brent)
    - New Java features (Proposed by ??? Unclaimed)

    Where to meet?
    - Starspace. Ryan checking, but says it's a done deal

    When to meet?
    - No earlier than September
    - Possible October

I can't remember what day we settled on, but Tuesdays are fine with me.
We also need to pick a month and commit, but that probably depends on
Ryan's  conversation with Starspace.

I'm "attending" a conference called International Developer Career Day,
which is run by Bruno Souza, a Brazilian JUG leader and Java Champion
who visited us a few years ago (with Otavio Santana). He has expressed
interest in coming through OKC again around JavaOne (which is in late
October). I'm going to talk details with him later in the day, but we
might be able to get him just before or after. I'll email with details
once I have them.

Next steps:

  * Nail down a date/location
  * Choose a topic (happy to give my jOOQ talk to make things easy,
    since it's ready to go)
  * Let people know

Have I missed anything?

--