[Steering Committee] October MeetingS

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Wed Sep 14 13:11:03 PDT 2022

That's right, meetingSSSSSS. I've mentioned this before, but I'll recap:

  * Bruno Souza (https://twitter.com/brjavaman), who came through town a
    few of years ago (with Otavio Santana) will be back in the States
    again for JavaOne. He's renting an RV and touring the middle of the
    country visiting JUGs, and hopes to make ours one of them. :)
  * Gerritt Grunwald (https://twitter.com/hansolo_) is a Java Champion
    who is working for Azul Systems. He saw my "getting the JUG
    restarted" tweet and asked he could swing by and present his "Java
    on CRaC" session.

Bruno is asking for October 11, which would be our "normal" time, given
our history, and Gerritt is available on October 14, so we'd have two in
the same month, and the same week. :)

That leads me to the most pressing question: where to meet? Paul and I
talked to ... someone at Starspace told us that the event space is
basically just a big empty room now with no equipment. That leaves us
either bring equipment or finding some place new. Our options are
Clevyr, or, I'm told there's an event space at Dunlap Codding that they
reportedly let user groups use for free. No clue what the tech is like
there. Or at Clevyr.

I'm going to contact Clevyr first and see if they can do one or both,
and go from there.

--
Jason Lee
OKC JUG President